Xilisoft Blu-ray Creator FAQ
Q1: What are the system requirements to run this Blu-ray Creator?
A: Here are the minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista or Windows 7 OS
- 1GHz Intel/AMD or faster processor
- 512MB or above recommended
- 50MB available disk space for installation and 10GB or more for temporary files
- Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher
- Recordable Blu-ray drive
- Windows Media Player 9 or above, DirectX 9 or above
Q2: Where can I download this Blu-ray Creator?
A: Thanks for your support for Xilisoft software. Please download this Blu-ray Creator from our official site at www.xilisoft.com/downloads.html.
Q3: How to register after I got my license code?
A: First please run the program and click 'Help > Enter License Code…' option to open 'Registration' window. Then copy and paste your user name and license code in corresponding text boxes to register.
Q4: How do I get started with this Blu-ray Creator?
A: this Blu-ray Creator is easy to handle. Please follow the instructions below.
1. Click on ‘Add Video File(s)’ button to choose the videos you want to add.
2. Click ‘Templates’ button on the menu panel and select a menu template to create your own BD menu.
3. Adjust output settings below the file list, including destination, volume label, writing speed and copies.
4. Check output file size on the Capacity bar and select the proper BD type from the drop-down list on the bottom.
5. Click ‘Burn’ button to start burning.
Q5:How to get rid of the unwanted video parts in the output Blu-ray movie?
A: If the source video file is too large or you don’t want to burn some parts of it, you can use the ‘Clip’ function offered in this program. First please highlight the video that you want to clip. Then,
1. Click ‘Clip’ button on the toolbar to enter the ‘Clip’ window.
2. Click ‘Play’ button to play the video and during playback, use ‘Set Start Point’ and ‘Set End Point’ buttons to get the part you want.
3. If you need multiple segments, click ‘New Clip’ button and repeat step ‘2’ to get more segments.
4. After the above settings, click ‘Apply’ and ‘Close’ button to apply all the settings and return to the main window.
Q6: If I want to crop certain part of the frame, what should I do?
A: The Effect function offered in our program will help you. First of all, you must highlight the video that you want to crop. And then,
1. Click ‘Effects’ button on the toolbar to open ‘Effect’ window.
2. On ‘Crop’ tab, you can decide the crop area and position by entering the definite values or by dragging the resizable handle.
In ‘Effect’ window, you can also apply artistic effect to output image and add text/picture watermarks to output Blu-ray movie.
Q7:If I want to keep the original video's aspect ratio '16:9', how could I do?
A: The option ‘Keep Aspect Ratio’ in ‘Effect > Crop’ window will help you keep aspect ratio of the loaded video. After checking the option, please click the down arrow below to select ’16:9’ from the drop-down list.
Q8:May I add some artistic effect to the videos that I want to burn to Blu-ray movie, like oil painting?
A: Yes, you can do this job on ‘Effect > Effect’ window. Please just highlight the file and click ‘Effects’ button to enter ‘Effect’ window. Then, on ‘Effect’ tab, check ‘Oil painting’ option and click ‘Apply’ button to apply it. There are more other effects for you.
Q9:Is it possible to add text or image watermarks to output Blu-ray movie? How should I do?
A: Yes. The edit function will help you solve it. First of all, you need highlight the file you want to add watermark to. And then click ‘Effects’ button to open ‘Effect’ window. On ‘Watermark’ tab, click ‘Add Text Watermark’ or ‘Add Picture Watermark’ button to import watermarks into the watermark list. Then, select a watermark and set its transparency, vertical position, horizontal position, font, color, size or style. Finally, click ‘Apply’ button to apply the settings.
The program also enables you to add multiple picture/text watermarks into one video.
Q10:I want to check the editing effect in real time, what shall I do?
A: In the ‘Effect’ window, the editing effect will be shown on the right preview panel instantly you make any change. And the ‘Comparing Preview’ button will help you compare the edited file with the source side-by-side.
Q11:How to add soundtrack files to my Blu-ray movie with your program?
A: We offer this function in our program. First, please highlight the file you need and click ‘Audio’ button to enter ‘Audio’ window. Then please do the following:
1. Click the plus button on the right panel to load the needed audio track into the audio track list. By this way, you can add up to 8 audio tracks into the video.
2. Set its language from ‘Audio Language’ drop-down list, and adjust its volume, bit rate and channels to meet your demand. If you find the audio is not in sync with the video, you can use option ‘Audio Latency’ to solve it.
3. If you want to set an audio track as the default one when Blu-ray video plays, please highlight it and click the up arrow on the top right to move it to the first place in the audio track list.
Q12: How to add subtitle files into the output Blu-ray video?
A: The ‘Subtitles’ function can help you. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Click ‘Subtitles’ button on the toolbar to open ‘Subtitles’ window.
2. Click the plus button on the right panel to add subtitle files into the subtitle list. You can add up to 8 subtitles into the list.
3. Highlight a subtitle file in the list, and then choose a corresponding language from ‘Subtitle Language’ list, and according to your need, adjust its vertical position and font style.
If the subtitle is not synchronous with the video, please use ‘Subtitle Delay’ option to fix this problem.
4. If you want to set the selected subtitle file as the default one when BD plays, please select it and click the up arrow on the top right to move it to the first place in the subtitle list.
Q13:Besides Blu-ray video disc, can I get an ISO file with your program? And how?
A: Of course, our software can help you with this job. After loading your video files into the program and finishing other necessary settings, please click the down arrow next to the option ‘Destination’ and select ‘Save as Image (.iso)’. Then after creating, you can get an ISO image file which can be used by your virtual BD drive.
You can also choose ‘Save as BD Folder’ option from the ‘Destination’ drop-down list to create BD video and save them as BD folder for further use.
Q14: Is it possible to customize the name of the output Blu-ray movie?
A: On the bottom, there is a box called ‘Volume Label’. What you entered in that box before the creation will be the name for the output Blu-ray movie.
Q15:How can I know the exact output size before creating?
A: After you load video files, this program will automatically calculate the corresponding output file size and show it on the capacity bar at the bottom of the main window. And you should select BD type by it. Please be sure that the color lump on the capacity bar is only in blue. If not, you cannot finish the creating with all the files you loaded.
Q16:Is it possible to adjust the sequence of the loaded videos?
A: Yes, of course. What you need to do is just to click the video, hold down your left mouse button and drag the selected video onto the place you want in the file list.
Q17:What does 'Temporary Files' mean?
A: During the burning process, our software needs some free space on your hard drive to save the temp contents before they are burned into BD. After the burning is done, all the temp contents will be deleted automatically by our program.
Open ‘Tools > Preferences… > General’ tab, you can set a location for ‘Temporary Files’. Generally speaking, you should select a drive which at least has twice free size as large as the estimated output size, which you can get on the capacity bar on the bottom.
Q18:What does 'Menu' on the top right mean?
A: The ‘Menu’ area will help you create your own BD menu. In this area, you not only can create a menu instantly from the templates in different styles provided in this program, but also create personalized menu by yourself.
If you want to create menu instantly from menu templates, you just need to click ‘Templates’ button on the ‘Menu’ area and select your favorite template from the pop-up window. If you don’t want any menu, please check the option ‘No Menu’.
Q19:How to customize the menu of the output Blu-ray movie?
- A: On the ‘Menu’ area, please click ‘Edit’ button to enter ‘Menu Edit’ window, in which you can change the template, add background picture and title to your menu.